Monday, October 6, 2008

Is it make-belief?

Professor J brought up this in class and I thought I would blog about it....
Talking about thinking in simplicity in terms of "Are you smarter when you go back to the basics?" Little kids are able to have such wonderful imaginations because they don't know better. Is being obliviously to the world better- not knowing what is real? For instance some little kids might think that butterflies are really fairies because they don't know that fairies don't really exist. I personally choose to live the way a little kid would. I imagine that there are fairies and that there are no bad people in the world. It a very sad thing when you grow up and realize that Santa Clause isn't real. Cant we all just believe in make-belief as if we were still young? I know some of you may think I was using the apple that Joe was talking about but I for one do choose to still believe in fairy tales! Maybe that's why you'll usually see me with a smile on my face becuase I choose to live in a dream world!

No comments: